To buy GAS or Electric?
The days of gas powered golf carts being required for lake homes or hilly terrain are gone. Electric carts actually have more power and torque than a gas powered LSV now. They’ve got no problem tackling muddy roads, trails, and forests with just as much enthusiasm as you have.
There are many reasons that we prefer electric over gas powered golf carts here at EPIC. Here are just a few.
- Electricity is instantaneous power. Electric motors are designed with magnets to provide positive charge that turns the motor. Gasoline engines, however, are traditional combustible motors that require a spark and good compression to make the motor run. There is a lot that can go wrong in that process. When your friends are out mudding with their customized golf carts, you don’t want to be the guy stuck in the garage with no compression and no clue.
- New carts like the Evolution brand have many battery powered options and also a high and low switch control to limit the controller’s electric output to the motor. You’re getting the power you need when and how you need it.
- Electric golf carts have no odor. There is no nasty sulfur smell or exhaust fumes. Bonus: you won’t spill gas on yourself while filling up and ruin your new boots. (Totally hypothetical scenario of course – I know no one that’s happened to!)
- Electric powered golf carts are better for the environment. Caring for the environment doesn’t make you a hippie or a tree hugger. It makes you someone who likes to breathe clean air. If all you have to do to make a difference in your own carbon footprint is choose cleaner-powered vehicles, it’s an easy choice to make.
- Evolution’s electric carts can also be upgraded to AC (Alternating Current) power. This will significantly increase the cart’s run time. AC powered carts come standard with 72V and can get as much as 70 miles of travel out of them. That’s right, 70 freakin’ miles! Feel like running far away for the day? Upgrade to Lithium Ion batteries and get 90 miles on a charge. That’s a LOT of fun before needing to be recharged!
So, let’s get back to the Question…Gas or Electric? Electric carts are much quieter, faster, better on the environment, and more fun to drive! I rest my case!
LIVE WIDE OPEN my friends. #EPICCarts